Thanks for the update!  I'm glad it (mostly) worked for you.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Jean THIERY <jean.thi...@modlibre.info> wrote:
> Hello Erik,
>
> Le 07/12/2016 à 16:39, Erik Bray a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> TL;DR: if you have a 64-bit Windows (Windows 7 and up should work)
>> please demo and give me your thoughts on the new build of Sage for
>> Windows using the installer at [1].
> Thank you very much for your Windows installer ready in time.
>
> SageMath was easily installed on my computer with Windows 10.
>
> My Jupyter worksheet prepared for the next week Conference
> works well (except for some errors probably due to old conventions).
>
> Some simple examples use the old turtle graphics
> but « from turtle import * » is not accepted !

Aha.  Yes, it looks like by default Cygwin's Python does not come with
the Tkinter module, and hence no turtle module either.  This would be
worth adding, but it looks like it will be somewhat involved, as it
also requires an X server.  Certainly doable, entirely within Cywin,
but will take some additional setup.  I'll look into it.

> I hope to have some time tomorrow for other tests.
>
> Latter on, would it be possible to run the interact examples
> which are very interesting ?
> https://wiki.sagemath.org/interact
> They work with the old notebook !

Yep--as William pointed out the classic sagenb seems to be working.  I
could either add another shortcut for it (instead of Jupyter),  Or you
can run the "SageMath Shell" shortcut to get a shell prompt, and run
`sage --notebook=sagenb`

Thanks for testing it out,

Erik