On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Thierry
<sage-googlesu...@lma.metelu.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 12:35:48PM +0000, Simon King wrote:
>> On 2017-01-16, David Roe <roed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I don't think anyone's arguing that a changelog is a bad idea. The question
>> > is just whether it's easier to make from fragments in the repository or
>> > from a new field on trac. Personally I think trac,
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> I know that some people believe it is old fashioned, but I still think
>> that the basic development unit is not a git commit but a merged trac
>> ticket. Thus, it seems to me that trac is the logical place to document
>> development.
>
> +1.

I have no problem with that (on some level even prefer it).  Just as
long as it gets used!

If there's a field specifically in the Trac ticket for this, then it
would be easy to auto-generate a changelog using all the fields in the
ticket.  It would help if "milestone" were actually tied to a release
too.