Hi Johan,

On 2017-02-06, Johan S  H  Rosenkilde <maill...@atuin.dk> wrote:
> Under the Documentation main page doc.sagemath.org, the "guided tour" is
> called "tutorial". And it is listed after "Thematic Tutorial" though it
> should surely be visited first by a newcomer.

And shouldn't it rather be "Thematic Tutorials" (plural)? Because the
thematic tutorials are far from monolithic.

> I know they're all different and serve different purposes etc., but it's
> not very helpful for a new user. If the documentation is structured in a
> simple, immediately logical fashion, it's easier for users to know where
> to seek further help.

That's what I meant by "improvements of sagemath.org". Would the following
be a better structure of the page obtained from the "Help/documentation"
link?
  - "A guided tour of SageMath"
      -> leads to a document that showcases SageMath features without
         going into details: The user sees *what* can be done, but
         not yet *how*.
  - "First steps in SageMath"
      -> leads to a list of several very basic tutorials,
         including one which explains how to use search
         tools, ?, ?? and tab completion
  - "Advanced tutorials"
      -> leads to a list that includes the current thematic
         tutorials and primers
  - "Reference manual"
      -> leads to the document that is created from the doc strings

Question: Does openDreamKit provide money to hire a professional in
web layout?

Cheers,
Simon