I'm neither a developer (except indirectly, I suppose, via fixes to Maxima)
nor a Sage user nor, for that matter,
a fan of Python.  (I don't object to it, just don't use it).  Nevertheless,
I'll throw my $0.02 in here.

Why not have a top-level menu that leads to
introduction to Sage for high school math students
   sublevel
     geometry
     algebra
     calculus

introduction to Sage for high school Python programmers

introduction to Sage for college math students
    ... add sub levels for advanced topics.

intro ... for Python programmers

intro  ... for graduate students/ researchers/ professional mathematicians

intro  ..  for ... programmers

intro  ... for (students) in physical sciences
intro   ... for  (  )  numerical analysis / scientific computing
i       .. engineering basics
           mechanical
           electrical
           chemical
           biological

etc.

    Now I would not be surprised if, at point in these intros
 there are links to common sections  e.g. subtleties of python,  subtleties
of computer mathematics,  plotting,

A major advantage of this kind of organization is that it is just possible
that
you would be able to get people who know about the target audience.
Having a math/computer geek write documentation for a mechanical engineer is
problematical.

Although I am not a marketer who might figure out something really catchy,
I can point out that  the very first statement on the home page of sagemath
means
nothing to anyone who knows nothing about the politics of programming.
A student, a mathematician, an engineer .. who  does not know open source
from open sesame
and for whom GPL means "Global Paintball League" will not find this
particularly informative.
Is he/she supposed to go find a copy of GPL license  (by the way, no link
on that term...)

*SageMath* is a free open-source <http://git.sagemath.org/> mathematics
software system licensed under the GPL.

Really, that may be the most important point for William Stein, but for
"customers"??

Regards as always
Richard Fateman