Calculus classes today do not typically teach the Risch algorithm, in my
experience. However, you shouldn't design calculus courses at most places
based on experiences with MIT students.

I think it is an interesting question about how much time we should spend
teaching *how* to compute integrals vs. *when* to compute integrals. For
the *how* question, how much by hand and how much by CAS?

But all of this is getting off-track, I think.

--
John