On 2017-03-15 11:42, Erik Bray wrote:
I don't have a strong feeling about it, but +0.5.  I don't see
anything wrong with _pari_, and keeping with a _<name>_ (call it
"sunder" instead of "dunder") convention if it's already in use is the
least work.

Let me clarify some things:

(1) This is not about Sage but about a separate future project called "cypari2". So we're not keeping any convention, we are establishing a convention.

(2) The change to __pari__ is already implemented (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22470) so both _pari_ and __pari__ are zero work at this point.