>From a bash shell where you build Sage:

export OPENBLAS_CONFIGURE="TARGET=ATOM" MAKE="make -j5 -l3.5"

should set the important variables. This is the MAKE I use for a very, very
old 4 core machine. The OPENBLAS_CONFIGURE variable is alluded to
in build/pkgs/openblas/spkg-check but I find it no where else. Somewhere in
the openblas code there is a listing of supported architectures. I don't
know how many ATOM processor variations there are? And getting the openblas
code to work properly is probably an upstream issue.