On 2017-05-17 12:19, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
  1) Each code path (including errors) must be tested".

You can easily translate this requirement as "require 100% *line* coverage" instead of *function* coverage which is what is current sage-coverage script tests.

  2) Introduce an alternative way of testing Sage code in the flavour of
unit tests

We have had this discussion before... which problem would that solve?

Doctesting is just a tool. You can run the same tests as doctest or as py.test test: a test is just some code which is run. There is nothing magical about "unit testing" that it cannot be done using doctests.

Before we add a new testing framework, I would like to see at least one compelling advantage of it.