On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 10:00:05 AM UTC+1, Erik Bray wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Isuru Fernando <isu...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Here's a branch for osx with sage 7.6.
> > https://github.com/isuruf/sagelib-feedstock/tree/osx3
> > Unfortunately travis-ci timeouts due to the build time restrictions.
> > conda-forge's policy has been to do it locally and upload to the
> anaconda
> > channel.
> >
> > Since I don't have access to osx, it would be great if somebody could
> build
> > it on an OSX machine with 10.9 sdk and upload it somewhere. You only
> need to
> > make sure the clang on the PATH is the apple one and do `conda build
> recipe`
> > on the repo root. You can set CPU_COUNT variable to set number of
> threads to
> > be used when building sagelib.
>
> I wonder if OpenDreamKit could pay for an OSX machine to test on,
> because I have no good way to test either.  Granted, I feel with every
> OSX version there's a completely different XCode that changes
> everything radically (that was my experience, at least, back when I
> had a lot of astronomer users who all used OSX--every OS upgrade broke
> everything).  How do people get VMs for testing different OSX / XCode
> versions?

I've just asked an Apple insider (the guy works for Apple as a senior dev,
in fact)
I happen to know, I just cannot imagine they don't have some meaningful
tips...

Anyhow, I could buy a Mac Mini with ODK money and hook it up on the net.
We can also have a look at getting a VM, e.g. something
like https://xcloud.me/ (not cheap though...)

Dima