On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Vincent Delecroix
<20100.delecr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/06/2017 13:53, Erik Bray wrote:

>>> I run a patchbot using screen.
>>>
>>> 1. I use "screen -r" to see what the patchbot is doing currently.
>>> 2. I check logs, especially when it fails, to see why.
>>> 3. I check the trac report for my machine to see what tickets it has
>>> tested
>>> and the results.
>

> Why are you using trac for 3.!? There are several log files managed by the
> sage patchbot. One of them is 'history.txt' which contains all the relevant
> information about which tickets were tested and what happend (ie tests
> passed, tests failed, doc does not build, etc).
>
>>> It would be great if my patchbot provides these information through its
>>> own
>>> monitoring webpage...
>

> You can do
>
>    $ tail -f SAGE_SRC/logs/patchbot/history.txt
>
> within your screen.

Ah, this log is nice to know about.  Should be much easier to parse
than the full log.  Perhaps I'll just write a little script to monitor
this and e-mail me when something looks wrong.