On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, David Roe wrote:

Yet for a user looking at the examples of using such a function, it's nicer to
see

sage: my_func(inputs) # unordered
[A, C, B]

rather than

sage: set([str(c) for c in my_func(inputs)]) == set(["A","B","C"])
True

Maybe just

EXAMPLES::

    sage: my_func(inputs)  # Not tested, result is unordered
    [A, C, B]

TESTS::

    sage: set(my_func(inputs)) == set(["A","B","C"])
    True

? This has been discussed earlier and I think we have no good solution. For example a vertex of a graph has set of neighbors and a polynomial has a set of roots, yet we return a list of neighbors and a list of roots. I guess that the user can figure out what happened if an example says

sage: my_func(inputs)
[1, 2]

and he/she got

[2, 1]