On Sat, 19 Aug 2017, Travis Scrimshaw wrote:

It would be nice to have the most relevant ones first and not just alphabetical.

Define "relevant."

Well, instead of "relevant" we could define "basic"- or "beginner"-index for a function, say an integer from 1 to 100. 1-10 would mean something that is teach before university, 11-30 something that a student learns in first year at the university, ..., 91-100 something exotic that has been studied decades ago and not referenced for years.

But I am not really suggesting this. Having a "beginner mode" for a program is and idea that has been abandoned before. I think we do not have resources to add another level of metadata.

--
Jori Mäntysalo