PS. it's set up using --mirror option of git clone and git push, so
it should actually be suitable for running anything (bots too) that
only needs read access to the repo.

In detail, on my desktop I did

git clone --bare g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git
cd sage.git/
git push --mirror g...@github.com:dimpase/sagetrac-mirror.git

to create a github mirror.
I understand that to update the mirror locally (on my desktop)
I merely need to run

git remote update

I am not sure ATM how to push these updates on github, but
it must be doable I guess...