How can we be sure that new code witten by people (like me) who are
not python2/3 experts does not regress?

Also, I can see that projects which build on top of Sage will one day
have to make sure that their code is all python3-compliant (I am
thinking of the LMFDB).  What's the simplest way of testing that now,
to see where the issues will lie?

John