On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:38:57 AM UTC+1, Timo Kaufmann wrote:

> After adding one more depencency (hevea) the compilation succeeds. Thank
> you for your help.
>
> It needs quite some dependencies that are not mentioned on the README's
> instructions though (like hevea and texlive). Are those just undocumented
> or does it depend on some build options?

TeXLive is not a dependence; if it is completely absent Sage can be built
(using its standard build procedure) and run.
I would not be 100% surprised, however, if a missing texlive part might be
a problem.
The only checks w.r.t. (La)TeX are done in src/sage/misc/latex.py, where
various executables (like latex) are
checked for presence.

In a modified build, like in your case, certainly, all bets are off.   Do
you build giac using the same options as in build/pkgs/giac/spkg-install ?