Le vendredi 26 janvier 2018 21:19:22 UTC+1, Andy Howell a écrit :

> Eric,
>
> I tried with threejs. I could not get the labels to show with either sage
> 8.0 or sage 8.2beta3.

The labels are here, but they are not placed along the blue arrows of the S
object: they are located on other sides of the bounding box (see x=2.91,
y=2.91 and z=2.91 in the attached figure)

> One interesting thing I did find through. I plotted a sphere, with the
> opacity=0.2.
> S = sphere(center=(0,0,0),size=2,opacity=0.2)
> show(S, viewer='threejs',axes=True, axes_labels=['a','b','c'])
>
> In the middle of the sphere there was a red, green and blue axis!

Indeed!

No sign of the labels though.

Again they are here, but not along the colored axes.

> threejs is certainly faster than jmol. The shading is not as nice though.
> Lots of artifacts when rotating.

That's true.

> There is  some weird behavior if I use jmol and axes() together. I end up
> with two sets of axes!
>
> from sage.plot.plot3d.plot3d import axes
> S = sphere(center=(0,0,0),size=2,opacity=0.2)
> S+=axes(6, 3)
> show(S, axes=True, frame=True, axes_labels=['a','b','c'])
>
> The set that gets enabled with axes=True is offset.

There is not such issue with threejs.

Best wishes,

Eric.