On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 1:33:19 PM UTC-4, Samuel Lelievre wrote:

> Let me try to make the case for making JupyterLab a standard package.
>
> (1)
>
> According to a recent post on the Jupyter blog [0],
>
> - JupyterLab is ready for daily use.
> - JupyterLab will eventually replace the classic Jupyter Notebook.

"JupyterLab 1.0 will eventually replace the classic Jupyter Notebook.
Throughout this transition, the same notebook document format will be
supported by both the classic Notebook and JupyterLab."

So do we have to yet *again* reimplement notebook interactivity?  How
different are they?  How does that affect people wanting to upgrade their
notebooks - let alone from sagenb?  What about the CoCalc .sagews format?
 And the CoCalc Jupyter notebooks?  I feel like there are some interesting
unanswered questions here.

Certainly optional package is fine, though, as long as it works properly on
all supported platforms.