On 8/11/18 2:00 PM, 'Justin C. Walker' via sage-devel wrote:

On Aug 11, 2018, at 11:43 , Vincent Delecroix <20100.delecr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

After some effort, I built 8.4.beta0 though "sage --version" is not
printing anything (nor --dumpversion). Is it only on my computer? Can
you check with other versions as well?

I tried this on two different versions of macOS (10.11.6, 10.13.6).  Both work
as expected.

Some default questions (I assume “sage” refers to 8.4-b0):
- got VERSION.txt?
- got $SAGE_LOCAL/bin/sage-version.h?
- are the contents of these files correct?

I also assume you’ve checked this sort of thing, but never hurts to ask.

Yes, files are there. Not sure whether they are "correct" though.

$ cat VERSION.txt
SageMath version 8.4.beta0, Release Date: 2018-08-05

$ cat local/bin/sage-version.sh
# Sage version information for shell scripts
# This file is auto-generated by the sage-update-version script, do not edit!
SAGE_VERSION='8.4.beta0'
SAGE_RELEASE_DATE='2018-08-05'
SAGE_VERSION_BANNER='SageMath version 8.4.beta0, Release Date: 2018-08-05'

Vincent