Hi all,

Does anyone know what that current status is of the upstream zn_poly
package?  According to its website
http://cims.nyu.edu/~harvey/zn_poly/ it is "no longer maintained",
though it has been re-released under a BSD-compatible license.

Since its last upstream release the package for it in Sage has
accumulated a number of patches as well, and I believe I may need to
add one more patch to it for building properly on Cygwin :(  See
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26050

If it's alright, I would propose creating a new repository for it
under the sagemath gitlab organization (or GitHub) which would become
the new "upstream" for zn_poly.  Then we can merge in all these
patches; maybe even implement a new, more standard build system (I
would be happy to do this).  In fact the current "build system" is
going to have problems long-term, as it currently consists primarily
of a Python script that will not work, as written, on Python 3.