On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:27 PM Timo Kaufmann <eisfre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 7. September 2018 17:56:04 UTC+2 schrieb Erik Bray:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 5:29 PM Timo Kaufmann <eisf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > For what its worth, we currently don't apply any patches in nix and at
>> > least the sage doctests pass. A more standard build would still be nice
>> > though.  And since upstream is officially dead, I think giving it a new
>> > home would be very good. +1 from me.
>>
>> Most of the patches are build-related and test-related fixes, many of
>> which seem to stem from issues on OSX.
>

> We build it on OSX too. We only run `make check` though, not `make test`. I
> can't verify if that would pass on darwin since I don't own a mac.

Well, a lot of these patches are pretty old too.  Who knows if they're
still really relevant.  Most of them seem harmless enough so I've gone
ahead and applied them.  I also applied the patches I need to build
correctly on Cygwin.

A bit later I will work on autotoolizing it, but in the short term I
might go ahead and make a release based on the patches applied above,
as I really need it for the Cygwin fixes which are a release blocker.