On 2018-12-05 18:33, Nils Bruin wrote:
I think you were thinking of limiting the life span of c via referencing
it via a "MultiWeakRef" from both A and C. However, with the scenario
above, A has its life span already bounded below by C anyway, so the
"MultiWeakRef" never gets to work its magic.

With my idea, the domain and codomain would be treated exactly the same: my plan is to reference the map from both the domain and codomain in a symmetric way. In that way, the lifetime of A wouldn't depend on C the same way that the lifetime of B or C doesn't depend on A.