On 2018-12-06 08:35, Simon King wrote:
Then what will be your reference graph? Or phrased differently:
Where/how will you store coercion maps?

The basic idea is the following (I have not worked out all the details yet):

* The coercion model only stores weak references to anything (domains, codomains, actions, maps).

* Coercion maps store strong references to the domain and codomain.

* The domain and codomain store MultiWeakref references to the map, where one of those references is weak and one is strong.

* Analogously for actions, with acting set/underlying set instead of domain/codomain.

It might also make sense to consider pairs of coercion maps specially, in cases where arithmetic with A and B gives a totally new parent C and we have maps A -> C and B -> C. I haven't thought about this yet.