Hi Frédéric,

On 2019-01-27, Frédéric Chapoton <fchapot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (2) the most badly failing file is "explain_pickle" with 70 failing
> doctests. Hopefully, this will be treated very carefully by Erik M. Bray
>
> (3) after that, we still have problems with graph, where generic_graph.py
> has 50 failing doctests. But good progress was made by David Coudert,

Is there an apparent common reason for most of these failing tests? Such
as code that makes assumptions on sorting (which, IIRC, is different in
Python 2 and Python 3)?

> *STATEMENT *: I would to advocate that **every developer switch to python3
> NOW**.

How?

To make my question more precise: For production I would like to
keep a python 2 installation of Sage. So, given my existing Sage
installation, what would be the easiest way to create a second
installation with python 3 that is automatically configured to work
well with "git trac"? I guess it is some kind of git clone. Also I
don't know what make target is needed.

Best regards,
Simon