On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 4:53 PM Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be> wrote:

> On 2019-02-07 16:45, E. Madison Bray wrote:
> > Apparently Jeroen argued about this with the IPython developers some
> > time ago: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/9867
>
> Indeed. Your post did seem familiar to me, but I actually forgot about
> that discussion.

FWIW we are on a rather old prompt_toolkit (1.0.9), whereas the
current version is 2.0.7.  Newer versions of IPython have also
upgraded to depend on prompt_toolkit >= 2.0.  It's possible then that
this situation has been improved already, but I am not sure.  Sage
still uses IPython 5.x since it is an LTS release.