> On 16/02/2019, at 22:40, Emmanuel Charpentier <emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I see (modulo the legendary readability of m4, which has been compared to
> line noise or a cat's nap on the keyboard...).

Any language is a bit like that when you don’t know it to be fair.
And you can produce line noise in most programming languages
but I’d pick perl and lisp over m4 for that.

Do open a ticket for sqlite upgrade, there may be other interesting
reasons to upgrade.

There may already be a ticket for making sqlite optional and if
you think m4 is looks like line noise you probably should leave
it to the pros.