Hi Stefan,

Polymake had some issues with gcc 7 in the past. I do not know if the
following could help you:

https://forum.polymake.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=579

The latest version (3.4) of polymake is very close to be in Sage:

https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/24905

Compilation was tested on macOS Mojave, debian stable and ArchLinux. It
would be great if you could test this
branch on your computer and let us know if it worked on your OS (either
here or on the ticket discussion page).

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/92d3c658-0530-466a-9cee-3fb6a391ee0b%40googlegroups.com.