Thanks. sagenb is a package that depends on sage, and sage should better be
in working order at the moment it is built.

the error message in the log indicates that perhaps libgd, another package,
has not been built correctly.
Could you post log of it, logs/pkgs/libgd*.log ?

thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAAWYfq0OiJzAaMct_h_6zQCFfehYBJJV1D1Z3YmVuyoObNw9fQ%40mail.gmail.com.