Thanks, this looks in order. Could you please post the output of

otool -L local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/matrix/matrix_mod2_dense.so

I suspect it is linked to a "wrong" libgd.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAAWYfq1uko_tZruyYa_BAjGSTy1zAbrV9aQM%2B8aSVdZj-qvBdQ%40mail.gmail.com.