On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:28 PM Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM Brandon Gontmacher <bgontmac...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did allocate more memory and this cleared up the issue! Thanks for that.
>> I'm now in a situation where as expected the build is taking a lot of time
>> but in particular it has been on the following screen with no progress for a
>> while now
>>

>> I know there is still a process running since I cannot use any commands. Is
>> there anything you recommend? I do not believe it is done, but I'm not sure
>> what to do.
>

> well, you don't really need to build HTML documentation (which you can
> consult online); just hit Ctrl-C (perhaps a number of times) to kill this
> process,
> and run
>
> make build
>
> to make sure Sage is built (without docs in HTML)
>
> ------------
>
> building docs is known to be a bit iffy, in particular on Cygwin. You make
> try to restart the build as

Not sure why Cygwin is relevant on this thread, but for a note I've
actually had it working pretty well lately.  Roughly 8 times out of 10
the only problem with building the docs on Cygwin has been due to bugs
in openblas that only occurred in the context of forked processes (of
which there are many when building the docs), or more recently due to
a bug in Cygwin 3.0.0 that interacted badly with Python's
multiprocessing module (which is used in the docbuild).  The remaining
10% of the time is due to rebase issues but those are rare anymore on
a clean build.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAOTD34ZRKfeEUoYnjp2XnXL9mCpWc8LWafa_iJhAS-aN5LzNQg%40mail.gmail.com.