On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 16:06, 'Julien Puydt' via sage-devel <
sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Le 21/07/2019 à 13:19, John Cremona a écrit :
> >
> > On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 at 21:08, 'Julien Puydt' via sage-devel
> > <sage-devel@googlegroups.com <mailto:sage-devel@googlegroups.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Le 19/07/2019 à 16:41, John Cremona a écrit :
> >
> >     > Not written by me, just used by me to update Sage's optional
> package.
> >     > William would remember who wrote it.
> >
> >     I crossed the build/pkgs/elliptic_curves and
> >     src/sage/databases/cremona.py files and obtained the following build
> >     script.
> >

> >     I'm a bit annoyed because the elliptic_curve pkg ships a 470M
> >     cremona.db, and I get a 479M cremona.db ; but perhaps it's because I
> >     pack everything (no bound on the genus : everything in the files!)?
> >
> > "genus" --> "conductor".  This would be explained (I think) by the fact
> > that the shipped spkg goes up to conductor 400k while ecdata on github
> > now goes up to 410k.  That's all.  I will soon have finished to 500k and
> > then the spkg will presumably be around 500M.
>
> Yes, conductor.
>
> Could you add a nice LICENSE file to clarify things? I think it's public
> domain since it's a list of mathematical objects... but I'd rather have
> a nice file by the author to tell that :-P

Certainly. I think that CC0 is most appropriate.  The significant part of
the repo is the data, not the code.  (The most important code used to
compute this data is in another repository, eclib; here there are just some
utility scripts).  But github does not list any CC licenses in its "add a
license" menu.  Any advice?