Hi,

Le 21/08/2019 à 13:43, John Cremona a écrit :
> I suggest that you ship the whole thing so that a debian (or derivative)
> user who installs the package gets everything they could also get by
> either git-cloning the ecdata repository (but without the git history)
> or the tarball from github.

Well, my source package has files, but the binary only has the .db file,
so I don't have much motivation to ship a complete source...

There's also the fact that I only need good copyright+license
assignments on files in the source package - so cutting down on it is
interesting.

> It would be quite possible for the Sage interface to extract more of the
> data than it does.  Since William and I first set up this spkg in about
> 2006 the extent of the data stored in ecdata has grown -- not only the
> number for curves, also more date with each curve.   For example:  the
> integral points on each curve.  I do not plan to do this myself, partly
> because we are working on a Sage-LMFDB interface which would allow this
> additional data (and more) to be downloaded directly from the LMFDB,
> making this spkg redundant except for those need offline access to the
> database.

The motivation for the packaging is sagemath ; if it gets to use more of
ecdata, then it will still be time to complete my source package.

Cheers,

JP