This is the expected behavior after trac #12406
<https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/12406>. The OUTPUT section of the
docstring of solve_right says "... If the system is not square or does not
have full rank, then a solution is attempted via other means. For example,
over "RDF" or "CDF" a least-squares solution is returned..."

This makes sense, since testing for the existence of a solution over
inexact rings is problematic, but I do think it would be better if the
method could have some some reasonable test available, even if it is not
the default.