On Monday, March 31, 2014 8:53:43 PM UTC-4, François wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:26:06 kcrisman wrote:
> > And for when you come back:
> > > Do you have either "local/include/ft2build.h" or

> > > Indeed, the latter is present, but not the former.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> Would you happen to have another version of freetype2 installed
> on the system along with a non-empty PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

In sage -sh, I have

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Users/student/Desktop/sage-6.2.beta5/local/lib/pkgconfig

And the pkgconfig for freetype2 is

SAGE_ROOT=/Users/student/Desktop/sage-6.2.beta5
prefix="${SAGE_ROOT}/local"
exec_prefix="${SAGE_ROOT}/local"
libdir="${SAGE_ROOT}/local/lib"
includedir="${SAGE_ROOT}/local/include/freetype2"

Name: FreeType 2
Version: 17.1.11
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfreetype
Libs.private: -lz -lbz2 -lpng12
Cflags: -I${includedir}

There is no such path outside sage -sh, though.

There is

$ ls /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.
libfreetype.6.3.dylib  libfreetype.6.dylib    libfreetype.a
libfreetype.dylib

but I don't know where else to look for freetype2 on such an old machine.