> > Same as with eclib and FLINT...

And in retrospect this makes sense.

> > > After all,
> > >
> > > $ ls local/lib/R/lib/
> > > libR.dylib              libRblas.dylib          libRlapack.dylib
> > >
> > > $ otool -L local/lib/R/lib/libRblas.dylib
> > >
> > > local/lib/R/lib/libRblas.dylib:
> > >          libRblas.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version
> > >          0.0.0)
> >
> >             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > You have to change this to an absolute path ($SAGE_LOCAL/lib/R/lib/...),
> > with 'install_name_tool -id ...'.
> >
> Indeed from the corresponding gentoo ebuild:
>         if use prefix; then
>                 if [[ ${CHOST} == *-darwin* ]] ; then
>                         sed -i \
>                                 -e 's:-install_name
> libR.dylib:-install_name
> ${libdir}/R/lib/libR.dylib:' \
>                                 -e 's:-install_name
> libRlapack.dylib:-install_name
> ${libdir}/R/lib/libRlapack.dylib:' \
>                                 -e 's:-install_name
> libRblas.dylib:-install_name
> ${libdir}/R/lib/libRblas.dylib:' \

Nice.  At least this time I knew to use otool to ask...

I have a feeling R is going to be less excited about this downstream
request.  What say I just open http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/16044 for
any remaining such things and we call it a day?  Hopefully this build
finally will finish - I'll update tomorrow.