Looks great! Thank you!

Just two small remarks:

1. since it might be useful to identify the origin of the binaries,
what about adding the posfix "-LIPN" to the basename of all files?
Just like release groups do?

2. Have you ever thought about cryptographically signing binaries? md5
is kinda broken for that, but I could imagine that it is not hard to
sign the textfile which "sha256 *" produces. Recently, I got an email
about this, but we aren't doing it. It would be a little bit in the
direction of how deb/rpm files are signed&verified.

-- harald