Hi

It took some time to fix what Launchpad did (dh_strip removed all .so
files) but we now have a new package uploaded at ppa:aims/sagemath-dev.
(6.8~aimsppa11)
Note the "dev" PPA which is new and please help us test that before we copy
it to ppa:aims/sagemath

This is now a "multi-binary" deb package, consisting of a smaller and full
version of sagemath. The smaller version saves bandwidth and disk space,
but it also breaks installing optional packages, which is in any case a bad
idea on a root-owned apt-managed set of folders.

sagemath-upstream-binary
(also the debian package folder is now at
https://bitbucket.org/aims_za/sagemath-upstream-binary; we stripped out the
doc, .git, and other large or unneeded folders)

and

sagemath-upstream-binary-full
(which in addition to the core folders also contains these
https://bitbucket.org/aims_za/sagemath-upstream-binary/src/cf3f7e2dcc94cdbfc4fb7dc7502b68787c305f5c/sagemath-upstream-binary-6.8/debian/sagemath-upstream-binary-full.install.in?at=master
)

There is also again a sage 32bit version which we have not tested at all
yet.

Currently this is all for Ubuntu 14.04 only, with more to follow later.

cc: thanks to Jonathan for getting all that done.

Regards,
Jan

On 28 July 2015 at 15:11, Thierry <sage-googlesu...@lma.metelu.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the compilation of Sage 6.8 went very smoothly on every currently
> supported Debian and Ubuntu versions in both 32 and 64 bits (16 possible
> combinations), for the first time all ptestlong passed without having to
> re-test expect.py manually.
>
> Since recent work of Jan in maintaining new buildbot slaves at AIMS for
> the same configurations, they should not be as useful as before, the
> impatient can still download the binaries here, both in .tar.gz and
> .tar.lrz format:
>
> https://lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~monteil/hebergement/sage/binaries/6.8/
>
> Ciao,
> Thierry