Le samedi 12 décembre 2015 20:10:48 UTC+1, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :

> On 2015-12-12 18:42, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> > It seems that the build system can build conway_polynomials, but fails
> > to download it if not present, and (worse), fails *silently*
>
> Are you seeing any evidence that the build of conway_polynomials failed?

Nope : I was on other problems, and I solved this problem the Alexandine
way : make distclean && make...

> Most likely, the download/build of conway_polynomials did not fail, it
> just didn't happen.

Quite possible. But this is a problem _per se_, which went unreported.

> > it does
> > not report its absence at software-compilation time, but only at
> > doc-compilation time
> There is no longer a difference between software-compilation time and
> doc-compilation time: the doc can be built in parallel with packages.

Could that explain that sometimes, I get a build error for some random
packages, and that retrying immediately (i. e. with no modification of the
tree) another attempt at make succeeds ? That would point to a problem of
tasks synchronization.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier