On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 2:04:42 PM UTC-8 Volker Braun wrote:

> As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git
> branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is at
> http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html

Thanks, Volker, for preparing the new release.

> 8453ffb849 (tag: 9.3.beta7, trac/develop) Updated SageMath version to
> 9.3.beta7 [...]
a549452a4b Trac #30589: Upgrade Python to 3.9.1, pip to 20.3.3

All - if you use python installed by Sage, note that this update contains
the Python 3.9 upgrade, which will trigger rebuilds of all Python packages.

Developers who use homebrew on macOS -- I recommend that you update
homebrew packages to latest; in particular python@3.9 to the latest build
(3.9.1_8). Further fixes for known build errors on homebrew are on
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/31335 (which needs testing).