On Ubuntu 24.04 (upgraded from 22.04) running under WSL2 on Windows 11,
a few things may worth mention :

    - The upgrade entailed a new version of `gcc`, which entailed
failures with system's `brial` (as already reported). Reconfiguration
excluding system's `brial` and forced installation of Sage's `brial`
fixed the problem.

    - Problems with gap (see below) led me to cleanup my tree and do a
fresh recompilation. In this process, `fricas` was somehow
misconfigured : `configure` (correctly) detected system's `fricas`, but
somehow misplaced it ; the resulting Sage failed all `fricas`-related
tests. Reconfiguring `sage` not to use system's `fricas` and forcing
fricas compilation fixed the problem.

    - A `DeprecationWarning` causes (apparently wrongly) a failure in
the doctests of `real-mpfr.pyx`.

    - `src/sage/libs/gap/element.pyx` doctest systematically  crashes
the underlying Sage. This is reproducible, and has survived
reconfiguration and recompilation from a fresh tree (i. e. after `make
distclean`).

Logs of re-execution of the latter two permanent failures attached.
Suggestions more than welcome...

HTH,