On Sep 15, 12:19 am, Simon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Professor Stein,

Well, he is known as William around here :)

<SNIP>

> The binaries work fine, that was not the problem. Simply i wanted to learn
> to build SAGE by myself, and when i found that "make" finished but did not
> yield a working binary, i wanted to know why.
>
> I'm sorry that i didn't try to gzip the install.log in my first mail. It
> is now less than 1 MB, hence should be accepted by your mail system -- see
> attachment.

Got the attachment, looking at it. Could you check if you have termcap
and its development package installed? readline usually defaults to
termcap and only uses ncurses as an optional library to link against,
but who knows what the OpenSuSE people did. I have a 10.1 OpenSuSE
x86-64 box, but I have to check out there what happens.

> Yours
>     Simon
>
>  install.log.gz
> 965KDownload