On 9/17/07, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Python's config.log file contains the line
> >   ac_cv_lib_readline_readline=no
> >
> > However, there is libhistory.so.5.2, libreadline.a, libreadline.so.5.2
> > etc in my /usr/local/lib/ !
> > So how can i make python find it? But perhaps this is a question to
> > the python-team...

Those are all in your /usr/local/lib/ ??  I.e., you built
and installed them or some other nonstandard software
installed them there?  If so, that may be your problem.
If I were you, I would test temporarily moving /usr/local out
of the way (e.g.,to /usr/local.0) and build SAGE from scratch
(or at least forcing Python to rebuild) to see what happens.

William