On 9/30/07, David Stahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SAGE suddendly stopped running on my machine and I did not do
> anything.  I am running SAGE 2.8 with Win2000 using the notebook.  I
> have reset vmware, upped the memory available to the max recommended,
> rebooted my machine.  All to no avail.  The message is:
>
> Operation on file "C:\sage-vmware-2.8\Ubuntu.vmdk" failed
> (insufficient quota to complete the requested service)
>
> I've fallen and I can't get up.

This looks like an error message coming from *Windows* itself,
saying that you don't have enough disk space (in some sense).
The c:\sage-vmware-2.8\ubuntu.vmdk file is huge, so that might
be relevant.  Your options include:
   (1) Check to see if you're low on disk space or have some sort
of user disk quota stuff setup on your Win2000 notebook.
   (2) Find a Windows expect and ask them.
   (3) Temporary workaround -- make the ubuntu.vmdk file smaller...
but this requires being able to start Sage, so isn't an option.
   (4) Read the link from mabshoff given below very carefully; probably
you installed some software into Windows at some point that is
causing this problem.
   (5) Ask at the vmware forum.

  (6) ???

 -- William