Hi:

I am trying to create a patch for the permgp bug Carlo H reported
last week. In 2.8.12, I
(1) created a clone and added a few lines to permgp.py
that seemed to fix the problem.
(2) ran sage -b (no problems)
(3) sage -t "path/permgp.py" (all tests passed)
(4) typed export EDITOR=emacs, then started sage and typed:

sage: hg_sage.commit()
cd "/home/wdj/sagestuff/sage-2.8.7.rc1/devel/sage" && hg diff  | less
cd "/home/wdj/sagestuff/sage-2.8.7.rc1/devel/sage" && hg commit
emacs: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2: undefined symbol:
FT_Library_SetLcdFilter
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abort: edit failed: emacs exited with status 127

I also tried this with another editor (kate) with the same error.
However, when I set export EDITOR=vi, everything worked fine.

This is using ubuntu 7.10, 64 bit. Should I create a trac ticket for this
or am I doing something wrong?

- David Joyner