On Nov 28, 2007 4:44 PM, jonhanke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So I tried to add a new directory to SAGE_BRANCH/sage by the following
> procedure:
>
>     1) Creating the new directory in SAGE_BRANCH,
>         call it "testing".
>
>     2) Creating a file testing/test.py with a sample class.
>
>     3) Creating an empty __init__.py file and
>         an all.py containing the text:
>         "from test import *"
>
>     4) Adding 'sage.testing' to the packages list in
>             SAGE_BRANCH/setup.py
>
>     5) Added "from sage.testing.all import *" to
>             SAGE_BRANCH/sage/all.py
>
> but it doesn't like the "from test ..." line.  I tried to change

It would be very helpful if you could be more precise about "it doesn't like".

> "test" to "testing.test" or "sage.testing.test", which also fail.  So
> I'm wondering what I'm missing?  Thanks,

One thing is that you shouldn't call a module test, since there
is a system-wide module called test, and this could cause
problems:
   sage: import test
So call it something else.

Also, did you do "sage -br"?

Finally, do you definitely switch to sage branch, so in fact
there is a symlink
   SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage --> SAGE_BRANCH

?  You switch by doing "sage -b branch_name".

William