Hi,

I'm using Sage 2.10 now. Expansion for elements in SFAElementary works
great now, but there is another problem: the expansion lies in the
wrong ring.

sage: e=SFAElementary(QQ)
sage: f=e([2]).expand(2)
sage: f
x0*x1
sage: f.parent()
Multivariate Polynomial Ring in x0, x1, x2 over Rational Field

The same code but for SFASchur results in:

sage: s=SFASchur(QQ)
sage: f=s([2]).expand(2)
sage: f
x0^2 + x0*x1 + x1^2
sage: f.parent()
Multivariate Polynomial Ring in x0, x1 over Rational Field

Thanks,
BFJ