> > > Even the syntax of the graphs_list.show_graphs(list) is pretty thorny
> > > and certainly nonintuitive compared to the rest of Sage graphics,
>
> > Can you give an example of what you're talking about? Given any
> > arbitrary
> > list of Sage objects, the only obvious choice I can think of is the
> > GraphicsArray object, which usually wants a list of lists anyway. The
> > whole
> > reason we wrote the graphs_list set of functions was to make it easier
> > get nice plots of lists of graphs. It would be much easier for us to
> > make
> > you happy regarding this point if you could give us an example of
> > other
> > sage objects that act so nicely.
>
> Oh, I just meant as opposed to something like just typing show(list).
> Again, my standard concern is "insanely easy", and hence as consistent
> as possible.  But I hadn't thought of the fact that these are of lists
> of graphics objects, since this is a different case than when one uses
> show(P+Q) or something, so I apologize for misinterpreting this; I
> believe you that there probably isn't a better way to do it!  I'm
> sorry for it, and definitely didn't intend to be irksome.

I don't want you to be sorry, and I don't find any of this irksome, I
really meant the question constructively. I didn't realize it, but the
show() function is actually one of Sage's (sage/misc/functional.py),
so the code that currently goes into graphs_list.show_graphs(list)
could be incorporated into that. Coming soon, show(list(graphs(n))).
See

I'd really like to hear any other specific suggestions to improve
useability.