On Thursday 24 January 2008, William Stein wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 9:33 AM, bill.p <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have some longish expressions in my notebook.
> > When I try to print them out they get truncated.
>
> Truncated or word wrapped?   If word wrapped, if you click to the left of
> the output, it will toggle between "show", "word wrap off", "hide".  The
> state for individual cells should be remembered.   There is currently no
> global feature to turn off word wrap altogether in the notebook, but there
> should be, since I wanted just that feature myself this morning when doing
> some calculations.   I'll put it in trac:
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/1916
>
> > Is there a convention for splitting lines so that they will be treated
> > as
> > a single logical line so that I can make them fit into the paper
> > width?
It's not very clear. There's no visible indication that word wrap is on or
off - at least it took me a while to figure it out. It's not obvious
looking at a printout what is going on. If the wrapped bits were indented
a little or there was some mark in the margin it would be clearer.
I hadn't seen the option to click in the left of the output area,
except when an error occurs and it explicitly suggests that to get
a trace-back.

Thanks for the info.

Bill