The control panel is the little tab at the bottom of the browser
output which reads "jsMath". Just click there and follow the links.

I agree about the warning. It might be better as a browser alert, or
maybe an embedded popup. On the other hand, this may be part of jsMath
and not something which can be addressed in Sage without modifying
jsMath, I don't know.

-BFJ