On Jan 27, 2008 12:03 PM, bill purvis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 25 January 2008, William Stein wrote:

> > > Yes, but what about Sage users?
> > >
> > > They say unpack them in the server tree. I know where my Apache server
> > > keeps things, and I've installed them in there.
> >
> > ??!  There is nothing about "server trees" here:
> >     http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsmath/download/jsMath-fonts.html
> >
> > You just download a 120KB zipped font file, extract it and install it
> > as explained there.
> > It has nothing whatever to do with servers.
> >
> > > Where is the server tree for the notebook server?
> >
> That is just talking about installing TeX fonts which are installed on
> my system anyway. I've been using TeX/LaTeX for years...

This is not about installing TeX fonts which are on your system anyways.
Jsmath is a javascript implementation of TeX that runs in a web browser.
It requires its own version of the tex fonts, which are that 120KB zipped
file mentioned above.  It certainly does not make use of fonts that come
with, e.g., the teTex tex install.

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics