On Tuesday 01 April 2008 04:45:16 pm alex clemesha wrote:
> With respect to the 'goal' of Sage's plotting (follow Mma),
> I would say this is definitley a bug.
>
> People with 'violent' feelings about this apsect of the plotting
> might want to change certain features of the plot code once and for all :)

Well, as I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread, I wasn't sure what was
intentional design.

This thread
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/c7445f921c8f0e85/1c7420b369bc7baa
left me quite confused when I complained the first time.

I do have a patch which I apply everytime I have a critical output quality
plotting session.  Actually, that patch is in the mentioned thread.  It's
quick and dirty, but it removes all extra margins (I think it has to touch 3
places in the code -- i.e. 3 extra margin padding code-points -- really quite
grotesque, and, I couldn't believe it was all by accident.)

This is why I think this thread right here is quite ironic -- you all suddenly
seem to be agreeing with me about margins ...

--
Joel